Wednesday, November 19, 2008

JONATHAN JACK DEAN!!!

At 8:00am on 11/18/2008 the Dean family went from 2 to 3 with the addition of Jonathan Jack Dean. Weighing in at a solid 6lbs 15ozs and measuring in at 20.3 inches, Jonathan Jack will make a lasting impression on the Dean family. While Jonathan measures in like a champion, the real champion was his mother, Kim. The anesthesiologists made the night a little more interesting when informed her that they couldn't do an epidural because of her low platelet count (clotting cells in blood). But Kim did great, toughed it out and produced Jonathan after 14 hours of labor and 1.5 hours of pushing. She did it all with a great attitude and grace.
Alright, here are the pictures......
His first picture, wide eyed, wondering what just happened:
Now the glamor shots:

Meeting the Grandparents:
The first family shot:

Kim with her "push present" from her brother:

8 comments:

Grandma Dean said...

Gorgeous family! ..and I am not at all biased!
Love, Grandma (Sue) Dean

Aunt Deezel said...

I love my nephew! He is absolutely beautiful. Kimmy, I am so proud of you. You did great! I love you guys!

Laura Hayes said...

I love you guys! He is so beautiful. I can't wait to come and visit soon! I love you Jonathan Jack :) Auntie Lo is going to spoil you!!!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you!
- Kelly Brown

Alex and Emily said...

Congratulations Deans! Maury shared your announcement email and blog. We love hearing about your great news and seeing so many beautiful pictures. Congrats again!
--Emily and Alex Large

Aunt Deezel said...

I love how it looks like he is smiling in his first family photo.

Aunt Sarah said...

This is one lucky baby to have such great parents!! To Kimmy and Peter . . . congratulations!! I love you all! He is PERFECT!! Love, Aunt Sarah

Krissie Inserra said...

Kim you're my hero! Unbelievable! And all without an epidural. You ready to go back for more any time soon? :)